Study Visa Consultants

Every year, Canada welcomes thousands of students all around the world. If you want to study in Canada, you will need to have a Canadian study visa which serves as a Canadian student visa for the time you stay there. At CANVISAS, our study visa consultants Edmonton help students fulfill their dream of studying in Canada. We have more than 10 years of experience and know what’s best for you. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will guide you with each and every step involved.

CANVISAS have agreements with the several educational institutions across Canada. We can help you to find and get accepted in the best programs to Study and Work in Canada.

Study in Canada

In some cases, you don’t require a study permit to go to school in Canada:

  • If the course you have selected is less than 6 months in duration.
  • If you are a family member or staff of a foreign representative to Canada.
  • If you are a member of a foreign armed force.

To be eligible to study in Canada:

  • You should have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institute in Canada.
  • You need to give relevant prove that you have enough money to pay your:
    • Tuition fees;
    • Living expenses for yourself and family member who has come with you to Canada;
    • Return transportation for yourself and family member along with you;
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen without any criminal record and should not be a threat to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must have a good health condition and should be willing to undergo a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy the immigration officer that you will leave Canada once your stay duration is over.
  • Working in Canada as a Student

While studying in Canada, it is possible to work in Canada, under any Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s work programs for students. Under the following categories, a student is allowed to work in Canada:

  • On campus without a work permit
  • Off campus with a work permit
  • In Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is a part of the curriculum, with a work permit.

Additionally, spouses and common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for a work permit for the duration similar to study permit.

Upon graduation, a student is allowed to apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Under this program, you may get work permit up to a maximum of three years.

At CANVISAS, our professional immigration experts in Edmonton will help turn your dream into a reality. Our experience and knowledge will ensure you have a smooth transition.