Why Canada

Four reasons that will help you make the best decision

  • Immigration Company
    Immigration and Culture

    Facilities for immigrants and a society where multiple cultures converge.

  • Immigration Company
    Quality and Education

    One of the highest levels of quality of life, in addition to an excellent educational system.

  • Immigration Company
    Growing Economy

    Strong and stable economy, with very low unemployment rates. Entrepreneurship opportunities.

  • Immigration Company

    Health system recognized worldwide for its quality and guaranteed accessibility.

Meet your Legal Representative

Immigration Company
Pedro Centeno


Pedro Centeno is an immigration consultant authorized by the Canadian government (License number R408567) and has more than 12 years of experience in the field. He is a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the highest authority in Canada, which regulates all immigration professionals.

A graduate of the University of Alberta, with a degree in International Relations, Economics and certifications in the area of ​​Human Resources, Centeno frequently attends prestigious national and international conferences to keep up-to-date in the field of immigration and the recruitment of foreign students and workers

Vocational training:

  • BA in Economics and Political Science (University of Alberta).
  • Diploma in Immigration Law (Humber College).
  • Designation as a Canadian Immigration Consultant (ICCRC or Regulatory Council of Canadian Immigration Consultants).
  • Certified Career Strategist (Career Professionals of Canada).
  • Certified Agent of ICEF (International Consultants for Education and Fairs).

About Canvisas Immigration Consultant Edmonton

CANVISAS is a Edmonton based company specializing in Immigration consulting for people who wish to enter Canada. Whether they want advice for their Study Visa, Work Permit, Express Entry or Permanent Residency, we are always ready to help them out.

We focus on personalized immigration services;

Dedicated to providing persons with an honest assessment of their qualifications and immigration options, our immigration consultant Edmonton offers them choices for simplified application processes.

Until this date, we have helped hundreds of our clients from all parts of the world through the rigorous Canadian immigration process. Many of our clients have successfully achieved their dream of becoming Permanent Residence in Canada.

Our team is led by Pedro Centeno (ICCRC Member# R408567), a graduate from the University of Alberta’s international relations program and a professional with over 10 years of experience in both Canadian immigration and Human Resources.

He is a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (Government of Canada Authorized Immigration Representative), the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants and the Association of Professional Recruiters of Canada.

Our team consists of former Citizenship and Immigration Canada officers with several years of experience in Canadian immigration including skilled worker category, skilled trades worker program, family sponsorship, Canadian experience class, provincial nominee, temporary foreign worker and inadmissibility cases.

  • How to Apply for a Study Visa for Canada?
  • Skilled workers
  • Specialized occupations
  • Canadian experience classes
  • Provincial nomination programs
  • Self employed
  • Family sponsorship
  • Study permits
  • Temporary work permits
  • Babysitters
  • Refugees
  • Detention review
  • Immigration appeals
  • Humanity and compassion

Canada is the destination of choice for hundreds of students who want to pursue higher education in the nation. Standing out for the great opportunities it offers immigrants at work and academic level.


Applying for a student visa in Canada has always seemed a complicated process, however, with effort and dedication it can be easier than it seems.

Below we will summarize this management in 5 simple steps:                       

  • LOA (Letter Of Acceptance): This is an essential step to open up the Student Visa application process.

In the first place, the applicant must select the location where they will proceed to carry out their studies , they must also choose the academic program of their choice, and the institute where they want to carry it out. In this way, if you meet the requirements to take said program and / or course, the institution will offer you a Letter of Acceptance , which will become a mandatory requirement to apply for the Student Visa.

  • Study Plan: This step goes hand in hand with the Letter of Motives , and refers to the requirement where the applicant must state why they selected that academic program, in addition, they must also express why Canada is the country of their choice. This document is indicated for professionals who wish to immigrate to Canada with the objective of increasing knowledge in their area, since this information must be reflected through this requirement.
  • Economic Solvency: Financial support is one of the most influential steps in this process, since, throughout the management, it is mandatory to demonstrate that you have the financial means necessary to pay for your studies, accommodation ... And all the services you can require during your stay in the country.

This can be demonstrated through the bank statements of the applicant or a close relative.

  • Migratory Forms and Supporting Documents: It is essential that the applicant select the correct forms at the time of carrying out this process. There are two types of forms: One for candidates who are within the country, and another for those who are outside. If you select the wrong forms, the visa denial will be automatic.

It is important to have a valid passport, since the time for which the applicant's visa will be approved will depend on its expiration.

  • Biometrics: Fingerprints are a primary requirement for any applicant who wants to apply for a Student Visa in Canada. So, like the other documents, it is important to keep this requirement in mind.

Excellence is a value that describes education in this country, whose academic centers are recognized as one of the best in the world. Are you considering applying for a Student Visa in Canada? We can guide you through this process.

Do not forget to visit our blog, YouTube channel and follow us through our networks where we constantly provide information of interest to all foreigners who wish to study in the country, in addition to holding free lectures by high-level University Institutes.

To qualify under the Skilled Workers program, the candidate must have at least one year of work experience, working full time, in an occupation classified as code 0 A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). These occupations are generally managerial, middle management, or specialized labor. The candidate must have a minimum level of 7 in English or French in accordance with the Canadian standard, among other requirements, and meet the minimum required in the point system. They must also be selected by the Permanent Residence processing system, Express Entry.

To qualify under the skilled labor program, the candidate must have at least 2 years of legally acquired experience within the last 5 years in one of the specialized occupations included in the program, and must have either a job offer or the certificate of qualification in your occupation issued by the competent authority of your area in Canada or in one of the Canadian Provinces. They must also be selected by the Express Entry system.

Foreign workers who have worked in Canada for a period of 1 year, in a job considered classification 0, A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) in the last 3 years may apply for permanent residence in Canada if they meet the requirements occupation and level of English or French established by the Canadian Experience program and if selected through the Permanent Residence processing system, Express Entry.

Students who have studied programs in Canada and who have worked in Canada for at least 1 year after completing their studies in the country may obtain permanent residence if they meet the occupation and language requirements established for the Canadian Experience program and if they are selected through the Permanent Residence processing system, Express Entry.

In addition to the Federal categories and the Quebec program, Canada has signed bilateral agreements with all Provinces and territories to allow them to select immigrants based on their specific needs. Each Province and Territory has an Immigration Department dedicated to attracting immigrants to help meet the specific needs of their geographic areas. Programs vary from Province to Province. Almost all of them have interesting categories for skilled workers, international students and business people.

Self Employed is a category that allows a person who has relevant experience and the intention and knowledge as a self-employed person in a cultural or athletic activity or if he intends to run a farm, to apply for permanent residence in Canada. The candidate must be able to communicate in the English or French language and must have enough money to start the business.

One of the goals of Canadian Immigration Law continues to be family reunification.

Family sponsorship is available to individuals who want to sponsor members of their family. Family members mean: dependent children (under 19 years of age), adopted children (under 19 years of age); spouses, partners or concubines; parents and grandparents. They can also sponsor nephews, siblings or grandchildren if they are orphans, single, and under 19 years of age.

Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents who are alone in Canada could sponsor a relative, regardless of the degree of relationship.

Canadian Universities, Colleges, and other government-approved educational institutions are open to the world. To attend one of these institutions you must obtain a study permit. International students, with the exception of those studying English or French as a second language, can work in Canada without having to apply for a work permit. Once international students finish their studies, they can obtain a work permit for up to 3 years depending on the duration of the studies completed in Canada. With the work experience obtained in Canada, they could apply for Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class if they meet the requirements of this program and are selected through the Permanent Residence processing system, Express Entry.

As a general rule, jobs in Canada are reserved for Citizens and Permanent Residents. When a Canadian company cannot find employees within the country, and after obtaining authorization from the Canadian Department of Human Resources, the company can bring a foreign worker into the country on a temporary basis.

There are some exceptions to this rule. Under international treaties with the United States, Mexico, Chile, Peru, and Colombia there are certain programs that allow citizens of these countries to obtain a temporary work permit without the need to request approval from the Canadian Department of Human Resources or prove that they are not. a Canadian resident or citizen could be found to perform the functions that the company needs. There are, under free trade agreements, programs for business people and for certain types of professionals, technicians and technologists. Some of these permits can be obtained in less than 24 hours.

There are some occupations such as religious workers, athletes, students, spouses of international students or skilled workers and artists among others, for which there are special provisions and exceptions in the Immigration Act to obtain authorization to work in Canada. Some of them require a job offer from a Canadian company, others could obtain authorization to work in Canada even without meeting this requirement.

Selecting the program and meeting the requirements of the one that best suits the person's profile is essential to be successful in the process.

People willing to care for children, the elderly, or people with disabilities could benefit from the babysitting program. They must have a job offer from a Canadian employer and have to meet certain requirements for studies, work experience and language skills. Once in Canada, the nanny has to work for two years as part of the requirements to apply for Permanent Residence.

It is important to note that the Canadian government has taken steps to ensure that workers in this area are treated fairly and in accordance with the labor laws of the province in which they work.

The refugee program allows those fleeing persecution to present their case before a competent court to determine if they meet the definition of refugees established in the Geneva Convention or if they can be considered persons in need of protection.

A person who is detained for violating immigration law is entitled to a procedure known as a detention review. If the detained person does not represent a risk to Canadian society or to himself, if there is no doubt that he will hide from the Immigration authorities if released and if he or she can provide identification, it is possible that the Ministry of Immigration releases him. In many cases a guarantor will be required.

The Immigration Appeals Division has jurisdiction over specific cases such as: denied family sponsorships, permanent residents who have received a deportation order and permanent residents who could lose their residence due to having resided outside of Canada for longer than the time allowed by law among others .

Those who do not meet the requirements of any of the immigration programs, but who are experiencing exceptional circumstances, have the option of submitting an application for permanent residence under the Humanity and Compassion program. The immigration officer reviewing the case may determine that there are special circumstances that warrant that the person remain in Canada and be granted Permanent Residence.

A person is not eligible to apply for Humanity and Compassion if they have a refugee case pending review by the Division of Refugee Protection or if it has been less than 12 months since the refugee application was denied, abandoned or cancelled. There are some exceptions if the Humanity and Compassion application is based on the home country's inability to provide adequate medical care or if the interests of the children involved in the decision are affected.

  • Complete Immigration Services

    Complete Immigration Services

    CANVISAS currently provides a full-service package to clients residing in Canada and overseas; offering one on one consultations, completion of all the proper immigration forms, review and submission of complete application package, and continued monitoring by an authorized representative, including any follow-up correspondence with immigration departments, as required.

  • Experienced Counseling and Monitoring

    Experienced Counseling and Monitoring

    CANVISAS provides full immigration counselling to determine: 1) If a client qualifies to become a permanent resident. 2) Advice which immigration program is the client eligible to apply. 3) Monitor the complete application process from start to end.

  • Regular File Update Notifications

    Regular File Update Notifications

    CANVISAS notifies clients of all updates provided by Citizenship and Immigration Canada or any other government department processing their application.